Saturday 21 May 2011

My time in hospital - Day 1

While I was in hospital last I logged my time on my phone, mainly to pass the time but yeah figured you might wanna read so check it out, dont check it out...whatever. Im sorry if I offend anyone with this, that was not my intention...i just had to vent somehow.

Day 1 – Its Monday and after a real fun night of pain, vomiting and other nasty’s, I decide I better go get checked out so off I go to the health centre where the nurse decides it’s probably my ulcerative colitis (UC) and so tries to admit me to P****** Hospital. And that’s where the problems begin. P****** hospital is full…WHAT THE FUCK! Well gee thanks P****** I guess I’ll continue to fucking suffer then. But not to worry cause the nurse has a backup plan…C****** Hospital. Where or what C****** is I have no idea but I know it cost me over £20 to fucking get here since it would of taken 2 yes TWO fucking hours to get an ambulance! Now that’s bad! 

So after a fun taxi ride where I indulge the driver in trivial chatter about my course at university and other pointless shit I really care less for, we arrived and once I was robbed…I mean once I happily paid for my lovely ride and chat I entered the hospital. I found where I had to be and they sat me down in a chair. Great! Just what I needed! A fucking chair! Nope couldn’t of got that treatment back at home no sir, this is special shit were talking about here! I sit in the chair for 2 fucking hours watching people arrive and leave and others hooked up to machines while all the while my stomach feels like I had fed it glass…yum! 

Finally a nurse realises I’m there and decides to put me on a bed because I look like I’m in pain. Bless her though, it only took her 2 fucking hours to realise! After another hour on the bed I am eventually moved to a ward, but not the one I am meant to be on…great! Apparently the ward I am meant to be on is full so I must wait here. Might as well be in fucking limbo for the lack of things to do. I must also mention that after all these hours I still had not been given any pain relief or treatment of any kind so I guess you could say I was in pain. 

But finally it happened…at least I thought it was going to…a nurse approached me and put a cannula (I think that’s how you spell it) into my hand and took blood before telling me she was going to give me morphine for the pain. THANK YOU GOD! But as many person has said over the years, there is no god and the nurse didn’t come back and I was again left in pain for another few hours before another nurse appeared and I wouldn’t stop hitting the alarm until they gave me my damn morphine! They did by the way, whether to stop me from hitting the alarm over and over and over or because they truly wanted to help I didn’t care. For the first time in hours I was pain free…and loving it. After this not much else happened, I read some of Emilie Autumn’s book (which is awesome when you read it on morphine…not that it’s not awesome without morphine, it just adds to the visuals) and I fell asleep and that was it for days one…on to day two!

IM.

No comments:

Post a Comment