Monday 23 May 2011

My time in hospital - Day 3

Day 3 – Day three was pretty much the same as day two since I was still heavily medicated but some new events did happen which were…interesting.

Firstly the guy in the bed away from me was crazy, it weren’t his fault, I’m sure once he was quite a nice person but he had gained Parkinson’s later in life which left him attacking imaginary things in front of him. I did feel bad for the guy but this was better than T.V to watch and so I did, always curious as to what the daemons he was attacking looked like.

Also this day my mum and dad visited which was a surprise since I didn’t expect any due to me being in a hospital far away from anyone that mattered. They brought me some supplies and we talked…well…they talked, I drifted in and out of conversation and consciousness until it was time for them to go.

A couple of hours later and I was finally moved to the correct ward and it sucked from the get go! Firstly the room is like a fridge and there is no way of warming it up so that’s fun for sick people! “Come in with an illness and we shall give you a cold absolutely free!” that should have been the wards slogan.

The thing that really pissed me off was the new doctor, if I thought the previous doctor was a douche bag then this guy was a cunt. The first thing he did was take away my morphine, deciding the pain was not bad enough to require it. YES IT FUCKING WAS! So like the first day I was left in pain. God fucking dammit!

Also, even though he said it wasn’t UC he was still sending me for a colonoscopy so yeah thanks doc! Just add to my pain! Anyway that is it for day three. No…one more thing…the room I’m in only contains two beds, mine and some old guys so I guess my days of passing the time watching the crazies attack daemons were over…awwww. Oh I forgot to mention that tonight was the first time I had eaten something since Sunday morning…it was nice.

2 comments:

  1. What's
    ulcerative
    Colitis?

    Like
    where'd
    it
    come
    from
    doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulcerative Colitis is an inflamation of the large intestine, it can flare up without any warning and yeah it means I become hospitalised.

    It can come from nothing (like mine did) doctors dont know what causes it but some cases it is passed down genetically but they checked my family and yeah no one else has it.

    ReplyDelete